CURRENT & RECENTLY COMPLETED CONTRACTS:
As a result of our abilities, Rapid Crushing & Screening has been awarded major crushing & screening projects with major mining companies and civil and earthmoving contractors throughout Western Australia and in fact, through much of Australia.
More recent ORE PROCESSING Projects include the following:
- 2017 (commencing Oct 2017) Galaxy Lithium – 5 year contract to process lithium ore at their Mt Cattlin operation in Ravensthorpe WA.
- 2016 (commenced May 2015 – July 2017) Fortescue Metals Group to process over 4 Mt of DSO Iron Ore at their Cloudbreak operations in the Pilbara.
- 2015 (June 2015 – Nov 2015) Brierty Ltd – crushing of blast hole stemming at Western Turner Syncline.
- 2015 (June 2015 – Sept 2015 Fortescue Metals Group – crushing of blast hole stemming at Cloudbreak Mine.
- 2015 (Feb 2014 – May 2015) Argyle Diamond Mines – crushing of 500,000 plus tonne of ore over a minimum 12 months period.
- 2014 (Nov 2013 – July 2014) Fortescue Metals Group to process 1.4 Mt of DSO Iron Ore at their Christmas Creek operations in the Pilbara.
- 2014 (May 2012 – Feb 2014) Karara Iron Ore – Crushing of Magnetite Iron Ore.
- 2014 (Sept 2011 – Aug 2014) – Brierty Ltd / Karara Iron Ore Mine – crushing 1 Mtpa Hematite Iron Ore over 4 years with capacity to ramp up to 3.6 Mtpa at times.
- 2010 – 2011 Karara Iron Ore – Trial crushing of DSO Hematite Iron Ore 1 Mtpa.
- 2014 (Oct 2010 – Sept 2014) Process Minerals International – Spinifex Ridge crushing 1 Mtpa Hematite Iron Ore over 4 years.
- 2006 – 2008 Mt Gibson Mining – Tallering Peak – crushing 1.65 Mtpa Hematite Lump & Fines Iron Ore.
More recent CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS Projects include the following:
- 2016 (commenced 2010 & completed Feb 2016) CPB Contractors (formally Leighton Contractors and previously Thiess Pty Ltd) on Barrow Island to crush and screen all fill & construction materials (in excess of 7 Mt) associated with the Site Preparation works for the Gorgon Barrow Island LNG Project
- 2015 (commenced 2008 & completed April 2015) preferred contractor to Hanson Construction Materials to process road and concrete aggregates at Hanson’s Mt Regal Quarry in Karratha WA.
- 2012 (completed Oct 2013) NRW to process 1.4 Mt of specialised fill material for bulk earthworks for the Rio Tinto Cape Lambert Expansion Project in Karratha WA.
- 2010 (completed Dec 2012) Abigroup Civil to process over 1.5 Mt of specialised fill material & Rail Ballast for rail formation works for the Rio Tinto Cape Lambert Expansion Project in Karratha WA.
- 2010 (completed 2010) Ertech Pty Ltd on Barrow Island to crush and screen 300,000 t of fill materials associated with the Site Development and Wapet Landing construction works for the Gorgon Barrow Island LNG Project.
- 2008 (completed 2009) Leighton Contractors to produce over 1 Mt of specialised fill materials for the Woodside Pluto Site B earthworks project.
Chevron Gorgon LNG Project
Rapid completed a 5 year 8 month (May 2010 – February 2016) contract to process construction materials on site at Barrow Island with CPB Contractors (formally Leighton Contractors and previously Thiess Pty Ltd) and Ertech Pty Ltd. We processed in excess of 8.5 million tonnes of material associated with the construction works for Chevron’s Gorgon LNG Project.
Rapid Crushing was the sole crushing contractor on Barrow Island, operating double shift for the entire time. Up to 60 permanent employees were working a 26/9 roster.
FMG Iron Ore Projects – 2017 ( May 2015 – July 2017)
Rapid has been operated two large modular 3 stage crushing circuits at FMG’s Cloudbreak operations in WA to produce up to 500,000 tonnes per month of -10mm iron ore fines. This has been an around the clock project with a workforce of up to 42 employees (including rotation employees) working a 14/7 roster.
We have also worked at FMG’s Christmas Creek Operations, producing 900,000 tonnes per month of fines iron ore product using two modular electric plants and a large mobile track plant.
In each case we met or exceeded our Client requirements in terms of availability and production through the plants.
Hanson Construction Materials – Mt Regal WA quarry
Rapid Crushing has been the preferred crushing and screening contractors since 2006 at Hanson’s hard rock quarry in Karratha, WA producing base course and road base, concrete aggregates and sealing aggregates of 7-10 -14 mm.
The quarry is operated on an as required basis and Rapid currently oversees the whole operation from quarry face to stockpiling road base, sealing and concrete aggregates ready for sale by the client.
Woodside Pluto LNG Site B
From 2008 to2009 Rapid completed a large crushing and screening project with Leighton Contractors to produce over 1 MILLION TONNE of specialised fill materials in an 8 month only period on site at the Burrup Peninsula in WA for the Woodside Pluto LNG Site B earthworks project.
This project involved the supply and operation of three, two-stage crushing circuits working 24/7 producing fill materials and stockpiling up to 1 km away.
The Burrup Peninsula has some of the hardest and most abrasive rock in Australia to necessitate the change-out of manganese liners on the secondary cones every third shift. Despite this, Rapid consistently produced over 6,000 tonnes per shift and without a major breakdown on site throughout the project.
Karara Iron Ore
From September 2011 to September 2014) Rapid successfully completed a long term crushing campaign as subcontractor to Brierty Ltd at Karara.
The contract commenced at production of 1 Mtpa of -40+6mm and -6mm Lump and fines Hematite Iron Ore over 4 years with ramp-up in Year 3 to 3.6 Mtpa. A total of 6.7Mt tonnes of ore was crushed. A two-stage Modular Electric circuit was used to complete the project.
From December 2010 to October 2014 Rapid successfully completed a long term crushing campaign as principal contractor to Process Minerals International (previously Moly Metals) at Spinifex Ridge, crushing 1 Mtpa of -10mm Hematite Iron Ore over 4 years. Total tonnes crushed 4.3 Mt.
Mt Gibson Mining
Tallering Peak 2006 – 2008 – crushing 1.65 Mtpa Hematite Lump & Fines Iron Ore
Preferred Contractor status:
Rapid has Preferred Contractor status with Rio Tinto (Cat 3) & BHP Billiton, having completed their auditing process with their external auditors. We have also gained Silver Award Status with WorkSafe.
Rapid bases its operation from its own workshop and office facilities in Perth. We build and refurbish our own plant and equipment and carry significant spares to be totally self-reliant rather than relying on third parties to save us in the event of a break-down or the need for a spare part.
The on-site operations are supported by our permanent workforce of fitters, boilermakers, electricians and operational management personnel, all experienced in the maintenance and production of crushing plants that are able to be mobilised to site, if and when required.
To support this on the East Coast, Rapid owns a similar facility in Mackay, Queensland.